We recommend that instead of installing new versions of E-txt Desktop that you use our Message Manager product. Simply login to our User Portal and select Applications - Message Manager.
SMS via email configuration using e-txt™ Desktop powered by Dynmark Direct™
The SMS via Email option in the Tools menu in e-txt™ allows you to send text messages via your normal email application. Inside e-txt™, simply register email addresses from which email messages can be sent. The Dynmark messaging platform will then convert these emails into text messages and link them to your account. It is not necessary for e-txt™ to be running for this feature to work.
The first thing you need to do is set up the individual email addresses of the people (and applications) that you want to enable for sending out texts.
- Click on Tools>SMS Via Email
- You will see the Send SMS via Email window
- Enter the Sender Name and then the Email Address of the email user (or application) that you want to enable for sending texts. You must also specify as a security measure the maximum texts per day that can be sent from this email user through your e-txt™ account.
The Sender Name is the value used to indicate who the text is from – you can use a Brand Name, a personal mobile or telephone number, or your Business text number.
- You may wish to specify the behaviour for messages that are longer than 160 characters (Subject to sufficient credit and Daily limit not being exceeded) using the following options:
Truncate - Only the first 160 characters of the message are transmitted.
Split - Message is sent as 160 character blocks which most handsets will re-composes into a single message.(Maximum 4000 characters)
Reject - If a message is longer than 1 segment, it will be rejected.
These are available from the drop down list and the default option is Truncate
. 5. If you want to get an emailed acknowledgment of the delivery success or otherwise of the text message, tick the ‘Send me acknowledgement’ box.
This feature offers real-time tracking of the emails sent to texts through your account.
- Click Register to register the email address. You will see that the email address details have been added to the list at the bottom of the display.
- Click OK to finish.
The Dynmark platform will only accept emails from the email address that have been registered in your copy of e-txt™. This prevents misuse of the facility. It also ensures that credits are only taken from your account, for your registered email users.