This section explains how to search and manage your contact database in Campaign Manager for groups or single contacts.
Once you have logged on to the Cloud Portal and launched Campaign Manager, select Manage Contacts under Audience in the menu.
From the Manage Contacts page you can;
- Perform searches
- Create segements
- Edit contact data
- Opt out individual contacts
- Delete single or multiple contacts
When searching for contacts, you can search the current business unit or any child business unit, you can search for a specific segment or create a new search from scratch.
To create a new search you can use the search criteria builder to add individual criteria and choose "AND" to find contacts that match all criteria, and "OR" to find contacts that match any of the criteria. Alternatively, if you are experienced in writing search strings, click "Edit Search Manually" to write your own search.
As you add search criteria, the summary will appear in the Search Summary box.
e.g. ~First Name [Equals] 'John'~
Between each criteria, you must select "AND" or "OR"
e.g. ~First Name [Contains] 'A'~ OR ~Last Name [Equals] 'Thomas'~
Once your search is complete, click "Search". The page will scroll and a high lighted green box will appear with the success of your search, including number of contacts found and buttons to "Create Campaign" and "Create SMS".
You can now;
- Export contacts, by clicking "Export"
- Delete all found contacts by clicking "Delete Contacts"
- Name and save the search as a Segment by entering a name in the field at the top of the results and clicking "Save"
- Select individual contacts to edit by clicking the crayon
- Opt out individual contacts by clicking the crayon and checking the box for "opt out this contact"
- Delete contacts by clicking the trash can icon
Search opt outs
Using the Manage Contacts page, you can include opt outs in your search, to see how many contacts you are trying to message have previously opted out by texting STOP. When you enter your search string, tick the ‘Include Opt Outs’ option to include opted out contacts in your search criteria.
Add new contact
When using Campaign Manager it is uncommon to add individual contacts, but you can do so by clicking ‘Create Contact’ at the top right of the Manage Contacts homepage, a pop up box will appear where you can enter the new contacts details. Click ‘Save’ to finish.