Campaign Manager has the facility to automatically respond to and organise your inbound messages for you. You can use this feature through Rules. To manage your rules go to Rules in the Messaging section of the menu.
The Rules page shows all your current rules, and allows you to edit and delete them, as well as creating new ones. To create a new rule click "Create Rule".
- Where message body is equal to specific text
- Where message starts with specific words
- Where message body contains specific words
- Where message is from specific people
- Where message arrives on a specified number
- Where message arrives outside these hours
- Forward message to specified URL: forward to your database to update it
- Forward message to specified mobile number
- Reply with message
- Reply with message returned by executing specified URL - query a database and reply with the result
- Reply with message xxx to first n senders and message yyy to all others
- Move message to specified folder
- Opt out the contact on receipt of a message
- Add text to contact property
- Remove text from contact property
- Forward message to search result - send the message on to a selected group of people
Creating a new rule
- Name your new rule
- Choose your rule conditions from the drop down
- Enter the relevant details to define the rule condition
- Choose your rule actions
- Enter the relevant details to define the rule action
Click "Save" to save the rule.
If you click on the View Summary hyperlink next to any of your rules, a pop up will appear detailing the conditions of that Rule.