This section explains how to send single or bulk SMS using the Send SMS function in Campaign Manager. This function is not Campaign Manager’s primary function but very useful for quick and simple messages.
Once you have logged on to the Cloud Portal and launched Campaign Manager, select Send SMS in the Campaign section.
This will open the Send SMS homepage.
The Send SMS function is a condensed version of Campaign Set up, so it uses most of the same basic features. You can search for the recipients you want to send to using a saved search, or enter individual mobile numbers individually.
- Search for the recipients you want to send to using a saved search, searching manually or by entering mobile numbers individually.
- Choose the response options for the message.
- Select your deployment time for the message, here you can schedule up to 12 months in advance.
- Enter your message copy either by typing into the box, or applying a message template.
- Choose your validity period up to a maximum of 3 days and click ‘Send SMS’.
N.B. You cannot name your campaign in Send SMS and it will not show up in your reporting. This feature is very limited in comparison to the Campaign Wizard. We recommend you use that instead unless you need to send an individual message.