This short user guide will show you how to use the import contacts facility in Message Manager.
Note: Please try to keep the import Contacts file as simple as possible without any filters and formatting.
Once you have logged on to the Cloud Portal and launched Message Manager go to Contacts to see the contacts landing page, here you can view all your current contacts.
To start the import process, select the “Import Contacts” button. A new dialog will appear, in which you can select the file you want to import. Your data must be in a spread sheet in either CSV or XLS format.
Note : Please avoid any special characters while naming a spreadsheet as they might cause problems during importing contacts.
N.B. make sure your contacts are all in the same format, and if you want to send internationally you will need to make sure that the numbers start with the correct country code (i.e. 46 for Sweden).
When you have chosen the correct file, select “Continue” to go to the next step. Once the file has been uploaded, the Import Contacts landing page will appear; here you can define the options you wish to apply to your file in order to import it.
- Select the worksheet on the file that you wish to use
- Select the number format (international numbers must be formatted according to their country).
- Choose whether you want to import into a group, create a new group or just add to your contacts.
- Select the fields you would like to map to the system (mobile number MUST be mapped in order to proceed).
- Check that you are happy with the data you are going to import and select “Continue”.
You will then need to confirm your import details, which include the number of existing, duplicated invalid and new contacts.
Once the contacts have been imported, a page will appear to notify you that the import has been successful and how many contacts you have imported.