Scheduled Campaigns allow you to create a campaign which will deploy on a regular on-going basis, for example, weekly, monthly or daily.
Select ‘Scheduled Campaigns’ under the Campaigns section to open the Scheduled Campaigns page which displays all your active scheduled campaigns.
To create a new Scheduled Campaign click ‘Create Scheduled Campaign’.
Setting up a scheduled campaign is very similar to setting up a standard campaign, you must select your message type and other settings as you would normally.
- Creating a new Simple Push Campaign
- Creating a new App Chat Campaign
- Creating a new Rich Message Campaign
On step 6, your campaign options will be slightly different...
Step 6: Campaign Options
On this page you can select how and when you want your message to be deployed:
- Set your schedule options here:
- Regularity (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly)
- Start time
- Time zone
- Choose to spread the deployment if preferable:
- Over the shortest time possible – the campaign will be deployed as quickly as the network can manage
- Until a specific time and date – the campaign will be divided up into batches to be deployed evenly over the period of time before your selected date
- Over a period of time – the campaign will be spread out over the chosen period of time in batches
- At a specific message rate (60,000 message per hour is the default) – the message will be deployed at your chosen rate until it is completed
Please note: all of these options will be affected by the following ‘Sociable Hours’ options
- You can choose to only send your messages between specific hours in the day, this helps to avoid them being delivered at inconvenient times for the recipient. To do this, tick the box and choose your sociable hours.
- Select whether to send email or message confirmations to the numbers on your Test Users
- Choose to send a copy of the message to each test number when the campaign is sent to
Step 8: Deploy Campaign
On this page you can check all the details of your campaign and make sure you are happy with the content of your message.
When you are ready to schedule, click ‘Schedule’. This will take you back to the Scheduled Campaigns page.
You can exit the Campaign setup wizard at any time and your progress will be saved as a draft in Scheduled Campaigns.
You can save your campaign as a template at any time by entering a name in the Save Template box at the top of the page and clicking ‘Save’.