Files to import into Campaign Builder can be in several file formats, all based around a spreadsheet.
- Excel Workbook (.xlsx) – maximum number of rows 1,048,576
- Excel 97-2003 Workbook (.xls) – maximum number of rows 65,536
- Comma Separated Values (.csv) – maximum number of rows no maximum
This guide will explain how to create a CSV file ready for import.Please note:
- Your file must contain a column for User ID, so that you are able to map the data to each user
- You can create unlimited User Properties in Campaign Builder, to support as much data as you need to add
- Each field (column) should have a header to make field mapping easier, but it is not a requirement
Once you have entered the details of your contacts into the file, you must ensure there is only data on on the first sheet of the workbook (not applicable for formats that aren't CSV.
Campaign Builder will automatically:
- Recognise and ignore any data that doesn't apply to user IDs already in its database
- Recognise duplicate data and either ignore them or use the first number as per your conflict resolutions in the import process
- Ignore any columns in your file that you do not map in during import