Please refer to our analytics guide for basic information on the reports in this section.
Use this report when you want to
- Check your current audience volume for monthly invoicing
- See how your devices are distributed across different operating systems
- Analyse dormant and active user audience size over time
- See how many new users you are acquiring and when
Understanding the audience report
Important definitions - in order to understand this report, you will need these definitions:
|Active device||A device on which the customer’s app has been launched in the last 31 days|
|Dormant device||A device on which the customer’s app has not been launched in the last 31 days|
|Retention period||The period of time a dormant device will be retained on the Donky network, default 365 days|
|Active user||A user that has at least one active device|
|Dormant user||A user that has no active devices|
Web devices have no dormancy, and will not be retained if they do not visit your website for 31 days.
To see your Audience report go to Analytics > Network > Audience
The page is broken up into the following sections:
- Your current audience
- Active and dormant user audience
- Device distribution by OS
- User registrations
Your current audience
This section shows you the current number of active and dormant, users and devices there are in your network. This will allow you to quickly calculate the size of your bill. You can switch between a view of users and devices by clicking on the buttons in the top of the section.
- Active users have at least one active device
- Active devices are native or web devices (e.g. phones, browsers, tablets) that have opened the app or website in the last 31 days
- Dormant users have no active devices, these will be retained on the network for 365 days if they remain dormant, and will then be deleted
- Dormant devices are native devices that have that have not opened the app or website in the last 31 days (does not apply to web devices), these will be retained on the network for 365 days if they remain dormant, and will then be deleted
Active and dormant user audience
This section shows the volume of active and dormant users you have had over a period of time, as proportions of your total audience. The report allows you to see when your audience is most active. You can also see the percentage change in the active and dormant audience size over that time.
Under the chart, there are 3 stats which will help you to better understand the success of your campaigns in the given period. These stats show whether you are turning on your disengaged users or turning off your engaged ones.
- Converted to active - users that have changed from being doramnt to active in the selected time period
- Converted to doramnt - users that have changed from being active to dormant in the selected time period
- Re-registered - users that having been deleted after being dormant for longer than the retention period, have come back to your app or website
Device distribution by OS
This section shows how your device audience is divided up across the operating systems. You can use this report to understand which OS is most popular among your users.
The pie chart in this section shows the total number of devices you have on each of the OS.
User Registrations by OS
This section simply shows you how many new users have joined your network each day in a specific time period. The default view shows discreet values occuring over time, e.g. per day, over your time period; you can optionally switch to a cumulative view to see the total growing over time, by clicking the "Cumulative" button.