In order to help you test your client apps on the Donky network, we have set up API testing which lets you select one of our integration APIs and use it to send requests via the network.
To use the tool, go to Developer Hub > API Testing
Then you simply need to:
- Select a template request from the drop down or if you have used the tool before you can select one of your recently sent requests, click “Apply” to populate the URL, body and headers of the request
- You can then add optional path extensions to the URL and select the verb you wish to use
- Choose an App Space from the drop down to populate the headers with the API key
- You can then edit the body of the request to include your own data, recipients and filters
- Use the “Format” control to format the body of your request
- Use the “Reset” control to clear the current request
- Click “Send” to send the request, you will then see the response (if any) appear below
- The response includes a status, time, body and headers (see below for more details)
- Use the “Copy” control to copy the body of the response to your clipboard
- Use the “Raw” / “Pretty” control to switch the response from formatted JSON to raw.
The following status codes will be used in the response:
- 1xx informational
- 2xx success
- 3xx redirection
- 4xx client error
- 5xx server error
For more information please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes
The time taken for the response to come through will be recorded in milliseconds.
The headers for both the request and response are visible in the “Headers” tab, these are read only as Donky populates the headers for you.