The mobile SDK’s are designed to allow existing mobile app (application) owners to quickly and easily embed the Donky Messaging functionality described above.
Quick and Easy Integration
The default approach will be to embed the mobile components with as little effort as possible; the default mobile solution will provide all the required backend processing to successfully interact with the Donky Messaging platform, as well as providing embeddable UI for the following:
- List of received rich in app message
- Viewing of rich in app messages
- List of A2P and / or P2P two way chats (Optional)
- Viewing of an individual chat threa
- List of contacts who have the app installed (Optional)
- Group editor
The developer will be able to choose whether to include the two way chat functionality and whether to include the social messaging aspects by including the installed user list.
In addition to choosing what functionality to use they will have a choice of default skins to choose from, to help the Donky Messaging client UI blend with their existing app without explicit customisation work.
The developer may choose they require a bespoke integration in order to create a bespoke UI. If they choose to do this there should be two implementation paths:
- Create a custom skin to use with the Donky Messaging client SDK
- Create custom screens and plumb into the SDK using events and methods; essentially re-implement the UI
Creating custom UI from scratch is a significant undertaking. This could take several weeks to implement all functionality available properly. However, simple customisation of the Donky UI can be achieved within a few hours.