When configuring your new Donky App Space, you need to decide how you want your users to access the app. If your users currently register to use your app, it makes sense to use that registration to identify the users for messaging. To do this, you could pass your users’ identifiers (e.g. username, email, mobile number) as their unique ID into Donky.
If your users do not currently use registration to access the rest of your app you need to decide whether to add this functionality in order to identify users of your app. It is highly recommended that you do so to enable:
- Identification of individual users
- Ability to identify users with issues / complaints on the network
- Enhanced segmentation capabilities
- Identification of individual devices and their associated users
- Ability to map data from your CRM into the Donky network
- Enhanced Social Chat capabilities for users being able to identify each other
Without enforcing registration of the user, you will not be able to do any of this, so when you start testing, sending campaigns and running Donky within your app, you will not know who has received which message and you will have very limited segmentation capabilities.